DR. CLAUDIA ULBRICH
Dr. Claudia Ulbrich, founder and managing partner of ulbrich&partner, is a MD and health econ- omist by training with >25 years of expertise in the life-science industry and a broad range of senior-level experience in consulting & management as well as serial entrepreneur. Founder, Co-Founder & CEO of several biotechs.
A strategically thinking manager and integrative leader, proven track record in strategy, finance, R&D, market access, M&A and transaction management. Claudia supports biotech clients in Europe and has worked with the top 10 pharma companies. Transaction record up to >2bn USD. Claudia holds board positions in relevant public & trade organizations.
January 2008 – present Advisory mandates at ulbrich&partner for various pharmaceutical companies including a Dutch biopharmaceutical company, a German mid-sized pharma supplier, a US orphan drug company et al., a range of international high-tech and biotech companies and organizations as well as international investors.
January 2008 – December 2011 Advisory mandates at PwC as a Senior Advisor pharma/life science including guidance on new biotech business, execution of industry surveys and comprehensive contribution to projects for contracting authorities, e.g. BMBF/BMG.
October 1998 – September 2006 Founder and CEO of LipoNova AG, a stock-listed biotech company in oncology and cancer vaccines.
March 1995 – September 1998 Medical Director at macropharm, a mid-sized pharmaceutical company focussed on oncology.
February 1993 – February 1995 Medical doctor at Medical School Lübeck and Warnsdorf clinics.Memberships and Affiliations
- Member of the Advisory Board of the Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology from 2003 until 2010
- Member of the Advisory Board of the Institute of Economics of Northern Germany since 2005, full member since 2000
- Member of the Advisory Board of BioregionN from 2010 until 2014
- Recipient of the Women´s Advancement in Business Award of the capital of the state of Lower Saxony in 2004
- Member of the BIO Deutschland since 2005 (founding member)
- Coach and partner of Science4Life since 2009
- Co-founder of the foundation PA.T.H – Patients Tumorbank of Hope since 2001
- Member of the Professional Company of Physicians for Pharmaceutical Medicine (DGPharMed) since 1996
- Member of the German Society for Law and Politics in the Healthcare Sector since 2004
- Member of Rotary since 2005
- Member of Friends’ Association (“Förderverein”) of ISHR (International School Hanover Region) since 2001
Andreas Kanzusch is a banker by training with a degree in computer science. He works as a senior consultant and senior analyst of ulbrich&partner in finance and administration with >16 years of experience in leading positions in start-up life-science companies.
Long-term expertise in transferring business and scientific ideas to financial planning and corporate structures. Former CFO of EMCID, greenovation, t-cell and CFOxt. Reviewer at Science4Life, coach at BWCON.
2009 – present Freelance consultant and interim manager with focus on finance and administration of small life-science companies:
- CFO-position (interim management) for a spin-off company of Charité (Berlin) developing cell therapies
- Setting up business model and financial planning for a university spin-off in the area of gene therapy
- Developing lean start-up businessmodel, setting up financial planning for a university spin-off developing and producing innovative biomaterials for research and regenerative medicine
- Interim management, finance and administration, setting up quality management incl. accrediting to German authorities for an world-wide active German human genetics diagnostic company
2012- present Co-founder and CEO of CFOxt – a company offering managerial accounting and reporting services to start-ups and entrepreneurs
2009-2013 Co-founder and CFO Emcid Biotech GmbH, a Freiburg based biotech company focused on secondary metabolites and biomaterials from plant cell culture, successfully acquired in 2013 by US pharma company.
2001-2009 CFO and CEO (2005) at greenovation Biotech GmbH, a leading company in the area of recombinant protein production in plant cells
Membership and labels
Accredited to BWCON
Reviewer Science4life business plan competition
Dr. Christian Hanke
Dr. Christian Hanke (Partner) has more than 20 years of management expertise in medtech, diagnostic, and pharmaceutical companies. He holds a PhD in molecular biology and an additional MSc in Drug Regulatory Affairs.
By heading cross-functional R&D and commercialization teams he successfully conducted projects from idea to commercial launch including change management projects. Christian is a performance-based leader with broad expertise in Business Development, Tech-Scouting and Marketing & Sales and was successful in commercializing both services & products internationally.
Christian is a technological enthusiast and inspired by the vision of value added drug - diagnostics combinations to the benefit of the patient.
- Förderpreis / Scholarship Award 2013 (endowed with 5.000€) for an excellent publication in the field of drug regulatory affairs, German Society of Drug Regulatory Affairs, Bonn Study Award 2012 (endowed with 1.000€) for an excellent master thesis in the field of drug regulatory affairs, German Society of DRA, Bonn
- Member of the German Society of Drug Regulatory Affairs, Bonn
- Member of m4 Personalized Medicine e.V.
2013 – Present Business Development Consultant with a focus on diagnostics & pharmaceuticals
Driving medical device development projects with internal resources and external partners Acquisition of beta-testers and opinion leaders Continuous control of budget and resources, setup of strategic business & launch plans Input for project strategies & market analysis Assessment and valuation of technical solutions regarding regulatory requirements and commercial viability Regulatory intelligence
2010 - 2012 Manager & Senior Manager Regulatory Affairs / Pharmaceuticals
Coauthored Investigator Brochures, Drug Safety Reports, Orphan designations & Scientific Advice Wrote and implemented SOPs for Regulatory Affairs Responsible for the implementation of an electronic data management systems (eDMS) and (eCTD)
2009 - 2010 Consultant Project Management Consultant / Diagnostics
Coordinated clinical studies Contributed to class 2a Medical Device registration in the field a dentistry
2008 -2009 VP Business Development OLED-Biosensors / Diagnostics
Recruited early adopter industry partners to beta test new technologies Defined & projected novel biosensor formats for Point of Care applications Prepared market analysis and reports to evaluate customer needs Developed in- and out-licensing strategies and term sheets
2006 – 2007 Business Development Consultant & Managing Partner / Life Sciences
Participated in a series A fundraising Supported and managed beta site evaluations and customer acquisitions Analyzed market with regards to pricing & reimbursement opportunities Created launch plan for Germany
2001-2005 Director Bioscience / Life Sciences / Diagnostics
R&D and sales of advanced biochip platforms Directed an interdisciplinary team of 11 engineers, (bio-)physicists, electronics engineers, chemists, biologists, and one sales manager
1997 – 2000 General Manager / Diagnostics
Shared responsibility for setting up a IVD company and all departments Leading the heads of R&D, QM, PM, and 4 sales reps Key account management for selected customers Launched more than 10 proprietary in-vitro diagnostics tests
1994 - 1997 Senior Product Manager / Diagnostics
1991 – 1994 Clinical Research Associate, Medical Manager / Pharmaceuticals
Membership & Awards
Dr. Steffen Rump
Dr. Steffen Rump is a biologist by training and an expert in translational drug development with more than 6 years of experience in product development in the biotechnological and pharmaceutical industry. This includes planning and coordination of non-clinical and quality development, CMC, QM, clinical development and regulatory interactions in nearly all phases along the pharmaceutical valuation chain. After being postdoc at Harvard Medical School he was Project Manager and Consultant at Vakzine Projekt Management GmbH.
- 2010 – 2011 Postdoctoral research fellowship from German academic exchange service (DAAD)
- November 2006 Georg-Christoph-Lichtenberg Scholarship - to support the careers of excellent young scientists
- December 2005 Award “Braunschweiger Bürgerpreis“ for outstanding student achievements and special commitment at Braunschweig University of Technology
- 2005 - 2006 Scholarship of the German National Academic Foundation (Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes). Germany’s largest and oldest sponsorship organisation for the academically gifted
2017 - Present Freelance Consultant and Project Manager for product development in the biotechnological and pharmaceutical industry.
2012 – 2017 Project Manager and Consultant at Vakzine Projekt Management GmbH, supporting clients in nearly all phases of the pharmaceutical development chain. Including but not limited to identification and evaluation of candidates, planning and coordination of product development, and support in partnering and out-licensing activities.
2016 – 2017 Quality Assurance Manager at Vakzine Projekt Management GmbH responsible for quality assurance management and maintenance. Setting up and maintaining QA structures at the interface of GxP and ISO 9001 compliant quality management systems.
2010 – 2011 Postdoctoral research fellow at Harvard Medical School working on micronutrient related crosstalks that take part in the redox metabolism and regulation of human cells.
Membership & Awards
Vanessa Krukenberg, is a successful entrepreneur, experienced management consultant and project manager with a degree in business economics. She brings over 15 years of management and consultant experience into her work at ulbrich&partner.
Vanessa has a longtime experience in the management consultancy business as project manager for national and international customers implementing numerous change processes with specific focus on providing training and coaching to senior executive management.
As project manager in Royal Dutch Shell, she successfully led multi-national projects, managed international teams and external stakeholders. Furthermore, she developed and implemented innovative strategies to expand Shells´ gas business across Europe.
Vanessa is an entrepreneur having founded various companies in business consultancy, cultural management and event moderation.
She is fluent in English, Spanish, Dutch and French and a certified coach and business trainer.
- Founder and Managing Director of you&culture, a company offering business consultancy in the field of strategy and change management,
- Co-founder of 42.0 Beratung GmbH, a company providing political consultancy and networking services,
- Presenter of events and centre stage discussions
- Founder and Managing Director of you&culture, focusing on the development of company cultures as well as top-/senior management leadership skills,
- Certified business coach and trainer
- Strategy Advisor for Shell Energy Europe in The Hague
- Project Manager for the implementation of a key Pan-European IT solution for Shell Energy Europe in London
- Key account management for industrial customers and local distribution companies in the German gas market
- Gas Purchase Advisor for long term gas contracts from Denmark, Norway and Russia
- Member oft the Board of Freiwilligenzentrum Hannover e.V.
- Certified Business Coach
- Certified Business Trainer
- Qualified presenter
- Business fluent languages: English, Spanish, Dutch and French
Joined ulbrich&partner 2019 as Senior Consultant
2013-2015 Associate and project manager at Siers & Collegen, a company focusing on management consultancy; responsible for project planning and implementation, leadership development, management reporting, workshop conception and execution
2001-2008 International business career within RoyalDutch Shell and within a joint venture of ExxonMobil and Shell; various leading roles held with assignments in Germany, The Netherlands and United Kingdom;
Memberships and qualifications